All our governors are volunteers and have either been appointed to our community by the Diocese of Leeds, elected by parents, the local authority or by staff members. We have seven foundation governors, appointed by the Diocese, one local authority governor, two parent governors, one staff member and the headteacher.
Our Governors receive relevant training on all aspects of school life and expectations to build their skills to allow them to make informed decisions and challenge the leadership team.
Our governors are supported by LCC Governor Support Service, National Governors Association and have access to information from GEL e-learning.
Minutes and Agendas for the Academic Year 2017.18
Foundation Governors who are appointed by the Trustees of the Diocese of Leeds and hold office for a period of three years.
|Mrs E Taylor||31.08.2020|
|Mr V Jacobs||24.01.2022|
|Mr P Rainford||05.10.2019|
|Miss J Page||11.11.2019|
|Mrs M Francis||19.04.2020|
|Fr N Polland||20.09.2203|
|Mrs J Mistry||04.03.2022|
|Mr Stephen Longfellow||04.09.2020|
|Mr P Gallagher||23.07.18|
|Mrs P Carter||25.07.19|
|Mrs A Lamptey||24.01.22|
|Roles and Responsibilities of the Governors|
|Mr P Gallagher (Chair of Governors)||SEN Special Education Needs (SEN), Safeguarding & Child Protection|
|Mr V Jacobs||Health and Safety|
|Mr P Rainford||Safer Recruitment|
|Mrs P Carter||Safeguarding & Child Protection|
|Chair of Governors
Mr P Gallagher
c/o St Philip’s Catholic Primary and Nursery School
St Philip’s Avenue
|Clerk to the Governors:
Mrs A Kinder
|The Clerk to the Governing Body
St Philip’s Catholic Primary & Nursery School
St Philip’s Avenue, Middleton, Leeds LS10 3SL
Tel 0113 2716763
All Governing Board meetings include all governors, there are no longer any sub- committees. This decision was made so all governors are included and informed on all aspects of school life and the decisions made. All meetings start at 5.00pm.
Thursday 21 September 2017
Thursday 30 November 2017
Thursday 25 January 2018
Thursday 15 March 2018
Thursday 12 April 2018
Thursday 14 June 2018
Register of Interests
All governors signed a new form Registering Interests at the September meeting. All governors declared no interests with the exception of Mrs Taylor who declared that Miss Hannah Taylor, Senior Assistant Head at the school is a relative.
|Governor||21 Sep||30 Nov||25 Jan||15 Mar||12 Apr||14 Jun|
Here we will post the minutes from Full Governing Body Meetings along with any other relevant documentation.
- The name of the school is St Philip’s Catholic Primary School, Leeds
- The school was founded by and is part of the Catholic Church. The school is to be conducted as a Catholic School in accordance with the canon law and teachings of the Catholic Church and in accordance with the Trust Deed of the Diocese of Leeds and in particular:
- religious education is to be in accordance with the teachings, doctrines, discipline and general and particular norms of the Catholic Church;
- religious worship is to be in accordance with the rites, practices, discipline and liturgical norms of the Catholic Church;
and at all times the school is to serve as a witness to the Catholic faith in Our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The school is a voluntary aided school in the trusteeship of the Diocese of Leeds and is an exempt charity for the advancement of the Catholic religion in the Diocese of Leeds in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Catholic Church.
- The name of the governing body is The Governing Body of St Philip’s Catholic Primary School, Leeds
- The governing body shall consist of
- 7 foundation governors
- 2 parent governors;
- 1 headteacher
- 1 staff
- 1 LEA governor.
- The total number of governors shall be 12.
- Foundation governors shall be appointed and may be removed by the Bishop of Leeds (or any other person exercising Ordinary jurisdiction in his name including where the See is vacant or impeded, the persons on whom the governance of the See has devolved).
- The term of office of foundation governors is 4 years.
- This instrument of government comes into effect on 31st August 2015.
- This Instrument of Government was approved by the Diocese of Leeds on 18th September and made by order of Leeds City Council on 31 August 2015
- A copy of this instrument must be supplied to the trustees in accordance with the school’s trust deed and to the Director of Schools of the Diocese of Leeds and every member of the governing body.
The Common Seal of Leeds City Council
was hereby affixed in the presence of:
Name: Annie Kinder
Signature: A Kinder
Job Title: School Business Manager